Monday, November 8, 2010

More on the Living Wage 11 08 2010

More on the Living Wage


I sat and subjected myself to a few minutes of CNN today, and here is what I concluded about what has not been emphasized but is very important over the long term in relationship to our economic prosperity.

The direct relationship between unemployment rates and the living wage. What I am talking about is the unrecognized impact of what would be termed inflation. But the term inflation has not served us well. What would have served this country better would be the relationship of the living wage to unemployment rates.

In other words what do more jobs do for us if we can not even support ouselves on the wages we recieve from said more jobs.  The only way I see to combat this I have written of before in terms of what really is fair trade.
Thomas Paul Murphy

Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment