Monday, November 29, 2010

Compact Flourescent Bulbs should be made to never leak mercury

All fluorescent light bulbs should be warrantied to never leak the mercury vapor into your home.

This gas can incapacitate a person and make them ill for a week.  It is one of the most toxic heavy metals there is.

Symptoms of exposure that I have had from one of these leaking include, dizziness, fainting, lack of oxygen to the blood cells, toxicity to cells, decreased vitality, headaches, exhaustion and near death.

If you have one of these compact fluorescent bulbs leak this gas and burn out, leave the house and the door open.  After the gas has dissipated a little turn on the fan and try and flush it out of your house.

This is one technology that should be phased out completely over time in favor of LED lights of higher luminosity and where possible the addition of extra energy efficient windows or skylights.

To the responsible leaders of our government, make this so!

Thomas Paul Murphy
Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy

Originally Published on 11 29 2010 at:

No comments:

Post a Comment