Thursday, July 1, 2010

A War of Infrastructure

A War of Infrastructure 07 01 2010

Is the oil spill in the Gulf about as bad as the fallout from a nuclear missile? This week the FBI arrested nine or so Russian Spies in the United States. Now most Russian Immigrants I have met are good natured and hard working people.

But some that I have come across are of the mentality that, “If I can screw what you are doing up, I will become better.” Now this is a subtle construct and hard to understand if you haven’t experienced this form of meanness.

Does former President Vladimir Putin harbor resentment for the United States and how is he spending his time? Yes he does, he has openly stated that we have many luxury here where as in his country they have little. Him and I are of the same mind regarding this but I think it is more an issue of a distribution of wealth to the irresponsible younger generations of business, that bear the “ME” ideology and I will term Republican. And if all the Russian immigrants that came to this country were to immigrate back to Russia, the country, with a wealth of national resources would be more of a formidable economic powerhouse.

Could the oil workers have been Russian? I don’t think this was the case. But top level foreign governments due have subtle energy based weapons that can put you in a haze so that you do become negligent and make more mistakes. I have seen these handheld weapons demonstrated with my own eyes. Could Russia or another competitive country to the United States use them against us? They already have. Is this what caused the negligence at the oil well? I won’t go as far as to say that.

Yesterday I glimpsed a television program where former President Bill Clinton was telling us that the population of Israel today has predominant representation of Russian Jews and they are not of the same ideology of the Israelites’ present before them.

Milwaukee has a strong population of Russian immigrants, whether they are all Jewish or not I cannot say and don’t want to speculate as to.

But I will say this, about two months ago I was at the gym and there was a pretty girl there, and she had red hair. I said somewhat as she passed in a way flirting a little bit, “You look Russian.” She ignored me. And then I did not see her again there for awhile. But the next time I did she had dyed her hair brunette and chose a different style. Are Russians in this country stigmatized in this country about being Russian or are quite a few of them spy’s? What we found out this past week was that there is prevalent network of spy’s in this country that are Russian. Honestly I would never have thought this or that they are here to do us harm. But when I am at the gym now some of the Russians like to distract me when I am doing the more dangerous movements with free weights. The other day they did this and I yelled at them. They leered at me and went and hid behind a wall or “iron curtain” as I might say. When I went to track them down, I saw them there gloating for what they did. Is the timing of this revelation Russian Spy’s coincident to the oil spill disaster or as we think of in poker terms something more telling?


But to change the direction a little bit here, with the devastation of the oil spill approaching the damage to the area a nuclear holocaust might create. Do we not have the power in this country to, send our Warships to the gulf and take possession of these oil wells from BP Amoco. When a person negligently drives a car under the influence of alcohol do not we take their driving license away?

We ought to bring all our troops home, secure our country at our borders and internally. Put the troops to work on crews installing roofing shingles that produce electricity and other alternative energy projects and environmental remediation projects. And this will fuel the path for electric cars. We can become independent from foreign energy a lot quicker than people think, and we should. This country would be much better off for it. And as president Obama suggested a draft in his bid for election. We should indeed do this as a country. But instead of drafting young men and women into the army with training on how to drive and fire a tank, why don’t we teach them Army Corp of Engineers type projects. We can put young Americans that are lost into a life of crime and drugs from our popular culture to work doing the civil service projects we cannot seem to afford because (We are not spending the money correctly funding a war). To draw a lose transformational analogy from the scene from a war movie starring George C. Scott, sometimes a shovel is a better weapon that a serrated dagger. The war is at home today; our infrastructure is in much need of upgrading and repair. And there is not the infrastucture of business to feasibly accomplish the changes we need. So get with it Americans and put your minds in the right place. The discipline and lifelong skills disadvantaged young Americans would learn would be of untold great benefit for this country. Better than soldiers with military training walking back from Afghanistan Heroin fields. The stinking fumes from petroleum products do none of us any good. Quickly devise procedures for the public service projects bring the troops home and put them to work. I have seen the look of prideful accomplishment that young apprentices have when they are learning a new trade or skill and it is a beautiful thing. NOW THAT WOULD BE LEADING THE REST OF THE WORLD BY EXAMPLE AND MAKE FOR A PROUD AMERICAN AGAIN. Now to do this we might have to bypass the interests of some businesses.

God Bless Those Who Think

Thomas Paul Murphy

Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment